November 20, 2014
Fujifilm Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of "HS-V5 for Windows® Ver. 1.0" to enable PC tethered shooting of FUJIFILM X-T1 and FUJIFILM X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition for direct computer loading of captured images. "HS-V5 for Windows® Ver.1.0" will be available from January 2015.
"HS-V5 for Windows® Ver.1.0" is a tethering software that allows users to connect X-T1*1 and X-T1 Graphite Silver Edition*1 to PC to directly save captured images onto PC or control the cameras from computer. The use of USB2.0 cable *2 is supported for connection between the camera and PC.
(1) Featuring the "Camera Mode" and "PC Mode" to control shooting on camera or from PC
With the Camera Mode, users hold the camera by hand or set it up on a stand in a studio, etc. to operate the camera and adjust its settings on the camera itself, with images taken simultaneously transferred to computer for display on the screen or saving on PC. Adjusting exposure and other shooting settings or activating the shutter release are carried out on camera.
With the PC Mode, users can check the viewfinder image of a remotely-setup camera, operate the camera and adjust its settings on a PC screen, with images taken simultaneously transferred to PC for display on the screen or saving onto PC. Adjusting exposure and other shooting settings or activating the shutter release are carried out remotely on computer.
(2) Includes the image browser Hyper-Utlity3 *3 for easy image viewing, analysis, assessment, categorization and organization
The included Hyper-Utility3 allows users to "view" images saved onto PC.
It features the "image analysis" function using histogram, highlight clipping warning and EXIF data display, "image assessment" function that displays two images side by side for comparison, and the "categorization / organization" function using markers.
- *1 Must be updated to the tethering-compatible firmware (Ver. 3.0 or later). Internet connection is required for downloading compatible firmware.
- *2 A USB2.0 MicroB cable must be used for USB connection between the camera and computer.
- *3 Hyper-Utility3 does not support the processing of RAW files from the X series cameras, S100FS, S200EXR, S205EXR, HS10, HS20EXR, HS22EXR, HS30EXR, HS33EXR, HS35EXR, HS50EXR, F505EXR, F550EXR, F600EXR, F605EXR, F770EXR, F775EXR, F800EXR, F900EXR, SL1000, and FinePix S1. Please use the Raw File Converter EX Powered by SilkyPix supplied with the camera.